Calculate download times instantly - simply insert numbers into the fields below.
News: February 8, 2012 - Dropdown menu options were updated to reflect broadband service provider offerings in 2012. You may need to clear your cookies for the new speeds to work correctly. December 4, 2004 - I made the top of the page nicer and changed the way the Units drop-down menu is integrated into the form. November 21, 2004 - I am considering improvements to Download Time Calculator, and I solicit your opinions on what can be improved. Please vote in the poll, and make your voice heard! November 1, 2004 - Additional speeds were added, along with more specific labels. The speeds are also non-optimal; thus, a theoretical 5 Mbps connection is assumed to have 90% efficiency in transferring useful data. The other 10% goes to overhead, headers, and such. April 14, 2004 - The Download Time Calculator sports a new feature: custom bandwidth units! Instead of struggling to convert your connection speed to bits per second, you can now conveniently enter your speeds in bps, Kbps, Mbps, or Gbps. Note that eight bits makes one byte.
Links: Macintosh or Apple II users may be interested in joining the Toronto-based LOGIC User Group.
Did you know that... the Download Time Calculator has been on the web since May 30, 2000?